Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dear beautiful Spring weather, I miss you. Was it something I said? ~Kim Corbin


While not a new & original sentiment, these are the thoughts that have been teasing me for the past week or so...
I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout
It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain
Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair... ~Susan Polis Shutz
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman
Flowers really do intoxicate me. ~Vita Sackville-West
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. ~James Barrie
To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat. ~Beverly Nichols
The really nice breezes blow through my body and into my soul. ~Astrid Alauda

Of course, those open windows don't have quite the same effect in mid-January. But ten or fifteen minutes at a time can do wonders for relieving that trapped-in-the-house feeling.

4 comments:

edie said...

I'm quite certain I can't pick a favorite picture. They all intrigue me in some way.

As for the quotes - happy sigh, Mr. Twain always plucks at my heartstrings even before I know it is he who is speaking.

Oh, and the "breezes blow(ing) through my body and into my soul." Mmmm, exquisite.

"furow"

Chris said...

Dearest, you were 3000. Did you know that? How darling of you.

edie said...

gasp I did not. Honored am I.

"cocal"

kanishk said...

They all intrigue me in some way.
post free classified ads