Sunday, August 16, 2009

(A quick aside)

As promised, the yellow park pictures:

I don't usually wear yellow, especially not bright yellow. I don't think it does good things for my complexion in most lighting.

But on this day, I threw caution to the wind. After all, it was supposed to be HOT and this is a very lightweight cotton shirt.
And once we were at the park, I noticed that I matched the jungle gym perfectly.

And how was I supposed to resist that? After 10 minutes of self-portraits, I was feeling a little silly and self conscious, especially since I was supposed to be helping watch 6 kids. But sweet Edie, she just said she assumed the camera was pointing the other way and I was taking pictures of the pretty tree just opposite the jungle gym.


And then there's this one. Nadia took this picture of Dawson. I had conceded to her demands to use the camera and zoomed it in reallllly close in hopes that she might get something good. Wowza! This is the one I've been trying to capture since I got the camera. I guess all that matters is that I have it now, right?

Showed up by a four year old.

*sigh*

But is that not the cutest picture you've ever seen?! My children are beautiful little geniuses.

7 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you are extending the giveaway... whoo hoo!

Also, who said you can't wear yellow? You? That's just nuts.. I'd say it's totally your color by the looks of the glamourshots. (did you ever do a glamourshot by the way? We had a glamourshots photo place in our mall... I used to laugh hysterically at those people AND the photograps- you'll never catch me doing one of those, so I'm sorry if your wall is plastered with photos of you wearing feather boas, and lots of big hair and makeup.) I really don't know WHERE that came from! I just vomited that right out all over your blog... you seem to have that effect on me... I mean telling you strange things, not vomiting. (that's just gross) I'm sorry.. I can't help it.

Now good night, glamour girl. (snicker)

edie said...

I can't pick which picture of you I like the best. They each have so much flavor. I see bounce. I see mystery. I see sultry. I see amused. Highly amused.

Chris said...

No, no glamour shots for me. Although as a child, I always *wanted* to have some taken of me.

The image of my wall being plastered with glamour shots is hilarious, especially 'cause you know those girls are out there.

Chris said...

Sultry on the jungle gym, that's me.

jules said...

That is a great shot of Dawson. Close ups are hard, they never hold still long enough to get one.

Your pics are cool too.

Farmgirl Paints said...

You look good in the yellow shirt. I love that shade in small doses. I have a purse and a watch that color. What I really like though are your glasses. I'm just waiting for the day to get a prescription...they are the cutest accessory ever:)

edie said...

I do NOT want to know what kinds of sultry acts could be taking place on that jungle gym. La la la la la ...