Thursday, July 16, 2009

Let's all blame Sasha, shall we?

After all, I was trying to get ready, just thought I'd pop over and read her entry for today--because I always know I can count on her to write even when I myself am too lazy/busy to do so. (That was a really long sentence.) Anyway, so when I got there, there was some crazy game that she begged-er, beseeched--me to play. And I can't refuse her. She's too good to me to refuse. So you don't have to play, but so far I'm enjoying myself, so you might give it a whirl.

Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence
* Post that sentence as your comment.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST book! *And now pass it on to the readers of your blog, because you've been tagged...

I thought I'd be reaching for "The Sleepeasy Solution" which has changed my life in many wonderful ways and was sitting out in an obvious look-at-me place. But then I realized that Matt's church bag closer on the bench and figured there was a book in there. How right I was. His Bible was the only book with at least 56 pages in it. It has also changed our lives in many wonderful ways, can I get an amen? So here we go:

Genesis 31:55
Early in the morning Laban arose, and kissed his sons and his daughters and blessed them.

Perhaps I need to cultivate an attitude like Laban--at least in this area. Usually if I'm awake early with my children, I'm most likely to grunt/growl/mumble unintelligably at them to go back to bed. I most certainly do not arise, kiss them, and bless them.

Thought provoking indeed.

All right, perhaps we'll thank Sasha instead of blaming her.

Here's one more that's not part of the game:

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Now I really must go. I'm supposed to be at the park in an astonishingly small amount of time. Ta-ta!

3 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

yeah yeah yeah... (grin)

Warning** This book is not mine, but it's the closest one...

"However, Compassionate Responders in midlife may also find that these logically based descriptions mirror the direction in which they are moving as they mature and develop."

(Stupid book)

Doug Aldridge said...

"See compassion as a weakness."

I bet you're wondering, "What kind of books is Doug reading!" Have no fear. It's a book called FYI For Your Improvement: A Guide for Development and Coaching.

The fifth sentence is actually a bullet point in a list of reasons managers feel like they can't show compassion. It goes on to point out what compassion is (and isn't) and the necessity of being a compassionate leader.

I guess that's a good lesson about needing context!

edie said...

"I captured it from the Emori with my sword and bow."

From Genesis 48:22b in the Complete Jewish Bible.