Monday, February 2, 2009

Hope for the best and pray like crazy.

Well, that's two of my friends now who have reported kids with croup-like symptoms. Normally this is the part where my hypochondria rears it's panicky head. So far I'm feeling better than normal. I've actually only been marginally worried bordering on the dismissive side. I've been able to actually feel sorry for their little kids instead of feeling obsessed over mentally listing every time one of my kids has touched them in the last couple of days.

Croup can be very scary, especially at night.

We're also supposed to go see Phil Keaggy on Wednesday.

So I can only assume that God is helping me bring this verse to fruition:

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Tonight I'm making biscuits and gravy...and I need to get started because it's also BIBLE STUDY NIGHT!!

Btw, I picked my verse for the first half of February:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)

No comments: