Wednesday, November 11, 2009

CMA Chat

So...I just want to start out by saying that I kinda like country music. Some of it I like a lot, some of it I can't stand. I'm right on the fence. Almost a neutral, really. Just wanted to make that clear from the get-go.

I guess tonight was CMA night--Country Music Awards, for you non-country-music or non-television type people. We were flipping through channels before bed and landed there. Our kids watched with sleepy interest. The following conversation ensued:

Kellar (3) (Watching Brad Paisley perform): That's Jesus.

Me: No, it isn't.

Nadia (4 1/2): And I don't think he's going to come out there right now,because he doesn't really sing.

Me: At least, not country.


I'm not commenting on any possible theology behind whether or not Jesus really sings. I'm just saying.

No comments: